Thursday, April 16, 2009

Shelved

Thank heavens for the blog search. Without Google's infringement-enabling magic wand I'd have never bothered to look for some shelved records from the time before time, the age in which record labels ruled the world - the 90's. Last on my hitlist was Large Professor's 'LP' album from 1996, a (mostly) (I assume) self-produced record held back by Geffen Records. Never mind the logic behind shelving a record that's been recorded and likely wouldn't have gotten much promotion regardless, I'm currently stuck on the Nasty Nas-era collaboration One Plus One. If there's a shining light to the inevitable death of major label music it's that some more of these records might see the light of day.

I'm looking at you, rumoured-original-RZA-produced-but-too-grimey Tical 0.

No comments: